There are currently 2 vacancies for the position of Town Councillor on Bromyard and Winslow Town Council
Process to fill a vacancy
If a vacancy arises on the town council, due to an existing councillor’s resignation, disqualification or death, there is a process to fill the vacancy.
- The town council will notify the Returning Officer of the vacancy. The Returning Officer, is appointed by the local authority to manage and deliver the registration service.
- The Returning Officer will send the town council a Notice of Vacancy, which they have a duty to display for 14-working days, informing residents about the vacancy.
One casual vacancy for Bromyard West MUST be filled by election. The election will be held on Thursday, 24th February 2022.
Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to any place specified on the notice of election by 4pm on Friday, 28th January 2022.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your nomination papers are delivered in the correct manner and by the required deadlines. We recommend that you or someone you trust hand-delivers them, so you can be sure they are delivered to the Returning Officer in time.
Your nomination papers must be officially submitted in person and cannot be submitted by post, fax, e-mail or other electronic means. You can only send us documents by electronic means for informal checking purposes.
The nomination pack includes the following –
- Election Timetable
- Candidate check list
- Nomination papers x2 (only need to submit 1 copy)
- Home address form
- Candidate’s consent to nomination (MUST RETURN ALL 4 PAGES to be valid)
- Certificate of authorisation (to use the name of a registered political party)
- Request for a party emblem (the use of a political party emblem on the ballot paper)
- Notice of withdrawal
- Request for a register of electors
- Request for absent vote list
One casual vacancy for Bromyard East will be filled by co-option.
If you would like to be considered for co-option as a Councillor for the remainder of the 2019-2023 term, please complete the application form below and return to the Town Clerk either by email: email@example.com or send to: The Town Council Offices, The Old Vicarage, 1 Rowberry Street, Bromyard, HR7 4DU.