Parish Lengthsman 2023-2024
Bromyard & Winslow Town Council is seeking to appoint a Lengthsman to carry out minor highway works on C and U roads in the parish.
The contractor must have:
• The necessary experience and equipment for the contract including relevant safety wear, basic signage and transport and be able to comply with other health and safety recommendations for all activities undertaken
• Current relevant certificates of competence to use a range of equipment including strimmers and chainsaws
• Public liability insurance covering all proposed activities up to £5 million
• Certification and training in the use of herbicides before any usage
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours depending on seasonal work required by the Council
Duration: For services up to 31st March 2024 only but may be extended to the 31st March 2025, depending on the availability of funding from Herefordshire Council.
Scope of Work: The successful contractor will be responsible for the following tasks (but not limited to):
Routine Drainage Work
• Clear leaves and other debris from gully grid tops and drainage grips
• Clear vegetation from the entrances and exits of highway culverts
• Advise landowners & frontagers when their ditches need cleaning. Notify the Town Clerk when unsuccessful
Unlit traffic signs
• Ensure legibility and visibility of traffic signs including straightening, cleaning and removing vegetation
• Repaint traditional finger and mileposts
• Verge cutting
• Cut back overgrown hedges and strim overgrowth
• Clear minor storm debris from the highway and keep tidy all specified roads
• Complete nominated tasks specifically relating to a minor highway maintenance items – as and when instructed by the Town Clerk
Pricing: The contractor to provide a pricing structure including any additional costs that may be applicable.
Expressions of interest should be submitted to the Town Clerk via email email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 18th September 2023.
Please ensure the subject line of your email reads “Lengthsman Contract – Expression of Interest.”